If you’re looking for cheap and fun activities in San Diego, check out jet ski rentals! San Diego is the perfect place to jet ski, with its miles of beautiful coastline and great weather almost year round. Whether you’re a seasoned rider or just looking to try it out, there are plenty of options to meet your needs.
How Much is It to Rent a Jet Ski in San Diego?
The average cost of renting a jet ski in San Diego is about $140 per hour. However, prices can range from $120 to $200 per hour depending on the size and model of the jet ski, as well as the rental company.
Some companies also offer discounts for longer rentals, so it’s worth checking out different options before deciding on a rental company. There are also a few things you can do to save money on your jet ski rental, such as renting during the off-season or booking in advance.
The Best Jet Ski Rentals in San Diego
There are a number of companies that offer jet ski rentals in San Diego, so it’s important to do your research before choosing one. To help you out, we’ve put together a list of the best jet ski rentals in San Diego.
1. Action Sport Rentals
Action Sport Rentals is a great option for those looking for jet ski rentals in San Diego. The company offers a variety of jet skis to choose from, including single riders and double riders. They also offer optional safety equipment, such as life jackets and wetsuits, to ensure that you’re safe while riding on the water.
Address: 1404 Vacation Rd, San Diego, CA 92109
Review by Kalle: “There were a lot of things to do here, including water and land based activities. Select from among several motor and sail boats available. I rented a paddle board for two hours here. The indicator on the map is rather misleading, though; this is where you rent bicycles and land-based adventures, but the rental office for water-based activities is located on the pier in the west part of the island.”
2. Adventure Water Sports
Adventure Water Sports is one of the best places to go for jet ski rentals in San Diego. Not only do they have a wide selection of jet skis to choose from, but they also offer other water activities like parasailing and wakeboarding. And if you’re new to jet skiing, Adventure Water Sports offers lessons to help get you started.
Address: 1710 W Mission Bay Dr, San Diego, CA 92109
Review by Sammy: “My family and I were really happy with this location! My mother and I were disappointed that we could not go to Hawaii on vacation, so we decided to have a staycation! We booked jet skis for Thursday morning for two hours, and the staff was fantastic. They explained the rules carefully and got us out as quickly as possible. We had such a good time that afterward, we reserved again for Friday morning for another two hours.
I’d like to give some advise. If you decide to do another rental, let them know so they can save your paperwork for you. It’s not much, but it would save time!”
|Aqua Adventures Mission Bay||1548 Quivira Way|
|San Diego Bay Adventures - Jet Ski Rentals||1880 Harbor Island Dr, San Diego, CA 92101|
|San Diego H2O||1617 Quivira Rd|
|Luxury Jet Ski Rentals||1450 Harbor Island Dr|
|SD Adventures||1380 Harbor Island Dr|
|Seaforth Boat Rentals & Jet Ski Rentals||1641 Quivira Rd|
|Sea Dudes||3120 Ingraham St|
|Fly Guys Watersports||1450 Harbor Island Dr|
|Prowest Performance Wave Runner||3201 Marina Way, National City|
|Adventure Water Sports||1710 W Mission Bay Dr|
|Mission Bay Sportcenter||844 W Mission Bay Dr|
|Ride It Out||5056 Newport Ave|
|Action Sport Rentals||998 W Mission Bay Dr|
What to do in San Diego besides jet skiing?
There are plenty of things to do in San Diego besides jet skiing. You could go to the beach, visit Balboa Park, or explore one of the many museums. If you’re looking for something a little more active, you could go hiking or biking in one of the city’s many parks. And, of course, there are always the restaurants and bars to enjoy.
How to Rent a Jet Ski in San Diego?
There are plenty of ways to enjoy the sun and waves in San Diego, but one of the most popular is by renting a jet ski. Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking for a company:
- Make sure the company is reputable and has a good track record. Not all jet ski rental companies are created equal, so it’s important to do your research before choosing one. Read online reviews, ask friends or family for recommendations, and check with the Better Business Bureau to see if there have been any complaints filed against the company.
- Ask about pricing and discounts. Most jet ski rental companies charge by the hour, but there may be discounts available for longer rentals or for multiple rental days.
- Inquire about what type of jet skis are available. Some companies only rent newer models, while others may have a mix of newer and older models.
- Find out what kind of safety gear is included with the rental. This should include a life jacket for each rider as well as a whistle or other signaling device in case of an emergency.
- Ask about any additional charges that may apply, such as for fuel or damage waiver insurance.
Helpful Tips: for an unforgettable jet ski ride, we recommend 3 must-see locations in San Diego!
Must-see spots for jet-skiing in San Diego
1. Jet Skiing in Mission Bay
Mission Bay is one of San Diego’s most popular destinations for both locals and visitors. It offers recreational activities, plenty of places to eat, a water park and much more!
The first thing that draws people to Mission Bay is its stunning location. The park is situated right on the water, offering stunning views of the bay and the city skyline. It’s the perfect place to come for a walk, run or bike ride. There are also plenty of places to relax and enjoy the view, including a number of beaches.
2. La Jolla Shores
It is located in San Diego and is known for its beautiful coastline, crystal clear waters, and perfect waves. The beach is also home to a variety of sea life, including dolphins, whales, and seals.
3. Coronado Islands
The Coronado Islands are about 12 miles (19 km) off the coast of San Diego. The islands, which were originally known as the “Isles de las Coronados”, were named after Spanish explorer Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo who sailed past these islands in 1542, but did not land on them. They became part of the United States when California was admitted to the Union in 1850.
The Coronado Islands are a group of four islands: North Island, South Island, Middle Island and East Island. North Island is the largest of the four islands and is home to a U.S. Naval base, a Coast Guard station, and a landing field for private aircraft and helicopters. South Island is popular with tourists, who come to dive, surf, or fish in the clear waters surrounding the islands.
Nearby Jet Ski Rentals
Best times to visit San Diego
San Diego is a beautiful city with plenty to see and do, no matter what time of year you visit. However, there are certain times of year that are better than others for visiting San Diego:
Spring is a great time to visit San Diego because the weather is perfect. It’s not too hot and not too cold, making it ideal for exploring all the city has to offer. Plus, there are plenty of events and festivals happening during this time of year.
Summer is the busiest time of year in San Diego, but that doesn’t mean you should avoid it altogether. The weather is still lovely and there’s so much to do, from soaking up the sun at the beach to exploring SeaWorld. Just be prepared for large crowds and higher prices.
Autumn is a great time to visit San Diego if you’re looking for a quieter vacation. The weather is still nice, but there are fewer crowds and lower prices. This is a great time to explore the city’s many neighborhoods without having to fight your way through throngs of people.
Winter is actually a great time to visit San Diego if you don’t mind cooler temperatures. You’ll find fewer crowds and lower prices, making it easier to enjoy all the city has to offer. Plus, there are plenty of festive events happening during this time of year.
10 Facts about San Diego
- San Diego is known for its mild climate and beautiful beaches, making it a great place to visit all year long.
- The city is home to many popular tourist attractions such as SeaWorld, the San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, and Old Town State Historic Park.
- San Diego also has a vibrant art and music scene, with many performances taking place throughout the year in venues like the Spreckels Theatre.
- The city is also home to a number of sports teams, including the San Diego Chargers NFL football team, the San Diego Padres MLB baseball team, and the San Diego Gulls AHL ice hockey team.
- San Diego is located in southern California, just north of the Mexican border.
- The city has a population of more than 1.3 million people.
- The median household income in San Diego is $60,752, and the median home value is $517,500.
- The cost of living in San Diego is high, but the city offers a number of affordable housing options for residents.
- San Diego has a diverse economy that is driven by tourism, manufacturing, healthcare, and biotechnology.
- The city is home to a number of colleges and universities, including the University of California, San Diego, San Diego State University, National University, and Point Loma Nazarene University.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How old do you have to be to jet ski in San Diego?
A: You must be at least 16 years old to operate a jet ski in the city of San Diego.
Q: Does San Diego have jet skis?
A: Yes, there are several businesses in San Diego that offer jet ski rentals.
Q: What county is downtown San Diego?
A: Downtown San Diego is located in San Diego County.