There are some great places for jet ski rental in Honolulu, and this guide will help you find the best spots! Whether you’re looking for a thrilling ride on the waves or an easy cruise around the harbor, there’s something for everyone here.
So if you’re ready to experience all that Honolulu has to offer, keep reading for our recommendations on the best jet ski rental spots in the area.
Table of Contents
How much does it cost to rent a jet ski in Honolulu?
It can vary depending on the time of year and the duration that you plan to rent. During high season, you can expect to pay around $100 per hour for a jet ski rental in Honolulu. If you plan to rent the jet ski for an entire day, then it could cost up to $400.
The Best Jet Ski Rentals in Honolulu
There are a number of jet ski rental companies in Honolulu, but not all of them are created equal. To help you find the best jet ski rental in Honolulu, we’ve put together a list of the top three companies.
1. Hawaii Water Sports Center
Hawaii Water Sports Center is one of the most popular jet ski rental companies in Honolulu. The company offers a variety of different jet ski models to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for you.
Address: 7192 Kalanianaʻole Hwy E110, Honolulu, HI 96825
Review by Adam: “For those who are interested, they mounted a Go Pro on the jet ski and sold photos and video at the end of the trip. The one minor complaint is that the email informed us to go to one place, but we were then sent to a different location 5 minutes away for the jet skis, so please confirm your meeting place or arrive 15 minutes early!) (which the email strongly suggests)”
2. Aloha JetSki Hawaii
The company offers a wide variety of different jet ski models to choose from, so you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for you.
Address: 1640 Sand Island Parkway, Honolulu, HI 96819
Review by MaryAnn: “Darren and Kim were fantastic to rent jet skis from!! They were really nice, the jetskis worked well. I loved speeding across the water. For three hours, I rented a floating doctor with three jet skis! All six of us — two adults and five teenagers — had a great time!!”
|Aloha JetSki Hawaii||1640 Sand Island Parkway|
|Hawaii Water Sports Center||7192 Kalanianaʻole Hwy E110, Honolulu, HI 96825|
|H2O Sports Hawaii||377 Keahole St suite e 103|
|Xtreme Parasail||1085 Ala Moana Blvd|
|Hawaii Jet Ski Repair||721 Ahua St|
|Jet Ski Oahu||1640 Sand Island Parkway|
|Action Sports Hawaii||600 Row, 24 Sand Island Access Rd|
|Island Water Sports Hawaii||377 Keahole St ste e-106,Building|
|Watercraft Connection||66-105 Haleiwa Rd, Haleiwa|
|Waikiki Beach Activities||2005 Kālia Rd|
|The Adventure Boat||1651 Ala Moana Blvd|
|Hawaiian Watersports||171 #c, Hamakua Dr, Kailua|
|Jet Ski Rentals Hawaii Tours||Hawaii Kai|
What to do in Honolulu besides jet skiing?
Well, if you’re looking for some thrills, you can always go parasailing or take a helicopter tour. For something a little more low-key, though, there are plenty of options too. You can explore Honolulu’s Chinatown, visit the Bishop Museum, or take a leisurely stroll through Waikiki Beach. There’s really no shortage of things to do in Honolulu – you just have to know where to look!
How to Rent a Jet Ski in Honolulu?
There are plenty of companies that offer jet ski rentals, so you’re sure to find one that’s perfect for you and your group. Here’s what you need to know about renting a jet ski in Honolulu:
- Check the weather conditions for the day. If the weather is not good, it may be better to wait.
- Choose a location. There are many beaches that offer jet ski rentals, so do some research to find one that is right for you.
- Make sure you have all the necessary equipment. This includes a life jacket, sunscreen, and any other required safety gear.
- Be prepared to sign a waiver. Most companies will require you to sign a waiver before you can rent a jet ski.
- Have fun! Jet skiing is a great way to enjoy the water and views of Honolulu, so make sure to relax and enjoy yourself.
Helpful Tips: for an unforgettable jet ski ride, we recommend 8 must-see locations in Honolulu!
Must-see spots for jet-skiing in Honolulu
The first place to check out is Waikiki Beach. This popular beach is a great choice for anyone looking for a thrilling ride on the waves or some exciting water sports. With a wide variety of equipment available for rent, you can find a jet ski that suits your needs. Whether you’re looking for a standard model or a more high-powered machine, there are plenty of options to choose from here.
If you’re looking for something a little less crowded, check out Ala Moana Beach Park. With calm waters, beautiful views, and tons of open space, this is the perfect place to relax and take in the scenery. And with rental equipment available right on site, you can easily add a jet ski ride to your day at the park.
Other great spots for jet ski rental include Hanauma Bay and Koko Marina, so be sure to explore these options as well when planning your trip.
1. Waikiki Beach
Waikiki Beach is one of the most famous beaches in Hawaii and it’s also a great spot for jet skiing. It’s located on the south shore of Oahu and offers beautiful views of the city.
2. Ala Moana Beach Park
In the heart of Honolulu, Ala Moana Beach Park is one of the most popular spots for jet skiing in the city.
3. Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve
Located on Oahu’s southeast coast, Hanauma Bay is a gorgeous natural preserve that offers stunning views and plenty of opportunities for water activities.
4. Magic Island
Magic Island is a man-made island located in Honolulu Harbor that’s perfect for jet skiing, with calm waters and plenty of room to explore.
5. Kaneohe Bay
Kaneohe Bay is a large bay on the northeast side of Oahu that’s popular for all sorts of water activities.
6. Makapuu Beach
Makapuu Beach is located on the southeastern tip of Oahu and is known for its dramatic coastline and beautiful views.
7. Kailua Beach Park
It’s located on the windward side of Oahu and offers stunning views of the coastline.
8. Waimanalo Beach
Waimanalo Beach is a beautiful beach located on the east coast of Oahu.
Nearby Jet Ski Rentals
Best times to visit Honolulu
- Spring and fall are the best times to visit Honolulu, when the weather is mild and the crowds are smaller.
- Winter is also a good time to visit, especially if you’re looking for deals on airfare and accommodations. However, be aware that it can be quite rainy during this season.
- Summer is the busiest time of year in Honolulu, so expect higher prices and larger crowds. If you don’t mind the heat, though, this can be a great time to enjoy the city’s many outdoor activities.
10 Facts about Honolulu
- Honolulu is the capital city of Hawaii and its largest city as well. It has a population of about 375,000, making it the most populous city in all of Hawaii.
- Honolulu is located on the island Oahu and sits on the southeastern coast of this beautiful island. It is just off the coast from Waikiki Beach and Diamond Head Crater, which are both incredibly popular tourist destinations.
- The name ‘Honolulu’ literally means ‘sheltered bay’ in Hawaiian and aptly describes this picturesque area that offers a tropical climate all year round. With average temperatures ranging from 65-85 degrees Fahrenheit throughout the year, visitors can enjoy outdoor activities like hiking, biking and swimming no matter when they come.
- While it is the smallest US state by land area, Hawaii is actually the most diverse state in the nation with over 120 different cultures represented. This can largely be attributed to the fact that Honolulu is a major hub for international business and tourism.
- The official language of Hawaii is English but you will often hear locals speaking Hawaiian pidgin, which is a mix of various languages including Hawaiian, Japanese, Chinese, Filipino and Portuguese.
- In addition to being one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, Honolulu is also home to many important businesses and organizations. It is the headquarters for several large companies like United Airlines and Bank of Hawaii as well as the site of the East-West Center, an important research institution.
- Honolulu is home to a number of museums and art galleries including the Honolulu Museum of Art, which is one of the largest museums in the state. There are also several historic sites like Iolani Palace, which was the official residence of Hawaii’s last two monarchs.
- The cuisine in Honolulu is as diverse as its population with influences from all over the world. From Hawaiian favorites like poke bowls and plate lunches to more eclectic options like Korean BBQ and Thai curries, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Shopping is also a popular activity in Honolulu with a range of options from high-end boutiques in upscale malls to traditional open-air markets. Some popular destinations include the Ala Moana Center, which is the world’s largest outdoor shopping mall, and the International Market Place, which recently underwent a major renovation and now offers some of the best shopping in Honolulu.
- No trip to Honolulu would be complete without trying some authentic Hawaiian culture and cuisine. Whether you visit one of the many luaus that take place every night or try your hand at hula dancing, there are plenty of ways to experience Hawaii’s unique traditions while visiting this beautiful city.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: The short answer is yes. There are many places on the islands that allow for watercraft rentals, including jet skis and parasailing trips. Many of the resorts on different islands have these types of activities available, but you can also find independent companies who cater to visitors. A: No, you do not need a license to operate a jet ski in Hawaii. However, you are required to take and pass a boater safety course in order to do so. The State of Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources offers free online courses that you can take to fulfill this requirement. A: There is no set age limit for renting a jet ski in Hawaii, but most companies will not rent to anyone under the age of 18. Additionally, the legal driving age in Hawaii is 16, so children under that age will need to be accompanied by an adult who is at least 18 years old.
Q: Does Hawaii have jet ski rentals?
Q: Do you need a license to jet ski in Hawaii?
Q: How old do you have to be to rent a jet ski in Hawaii?
A: The short answer is yes. There are many places on the islands that allow for watercraft rentals, including jet skis and parasailing trips. Many of the resorts on different islands have these types of activities available, but you can also find independent companies who cater to visitors.
A: No, you do not need a license to operate a jet ski in Hawaii. However, you are required to take and pass a boater safety course in order to do so. The State of Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources offers free online courses that you can take to fulfill this requirement.
A: There is no set age limit for renting a jet ski in Hawaii, but most companies will not rent to anyone under the age of 18. Additionally, the legal driving age in Hawaii is 16, so children under that age will need to be accompanied by an adult who is at least 18 years old.