Looking for a fun and exciting way to explore Chicago’s beautiful lakes? Rent a jet ski! With affordable prices, friendly staff, and easy access to some of the best scenic views in the city, jet skis are the perfect choice for those looking for a good time on their next trip to Chicago.
How much does it cost to rent a jet ski in Chicago?
The cost of jet ski rental in Chicago varies depending on the company you rent from, the length of time you want to rent, and any additional features or services you add on. However, you can expect to pay anywhere from $85-$200.
For example, Jet Ski Chicago charges $115 for 30 minutes jet ski rental, while Chicago Water Sport Rentals starts at $85. Some companies also offer discounts if you rent for multiple hours.
The Best Jet Ski Rentals in Chicago
1. Chicago Water Sport Rentals
One of the leading Jet Ski rental companies in the area is Chicago Water Sport Rentals. They have a great selection of both new and used jet skis available for rent, as well as wakeboards, paddle boards, kayaks, canoes and other types of water toys.
2. Jet Ski Chicago
Another great option for jet ski rentals is Jet Ski Chicago. They offer a wide variety of makes and models to choose from, as well as a team of experienced and certified instructors who can teach you how to safely operate your jet ski.
|Jet Ski Chicago||1600 N Lake Shore Dr|
|Chicago Water Sport Rentals||3155 S Lake Shore Dr|
|Windy City Watersports||200 W Montrose Harbor Dr|
|Next Wave Watersports||3155 S Lake Shore Dr|
|Splash Water Sports||824 E 138th St|
|Chicago boat Rentals||111 N Lake Shore Dr|
|Jet Ski Tow & Go Rentals||8721 95th St, Hickory Hills|
|Offshore Yacht Charters||3155 S Lake Shore Dr|
|North Shore Marine||1438 W Cortland St|
|Chicago Boat Rentals||1177 N Elston Ave|
|BBQ Pontoon||2120 S Canal St|
How to Rent a Jet Ski in Chicago?
- There are a few things to keep in mind when renting a jet ski in Chicago. First, be sure to check with the rental company to see if they require any special insurance or liability coverage. Many companies will require that you purchase their own insurance policy.
- Second, be sure to read over the rental agreement carefully before signing it. This will help you understand what you’re responsible for and what your rights are. Also, be sure to check that you have the proper safety equipment available before you hit the water.
- Another factor to consider is the location of the rental company. In Chicago, there are many places to rent jet skis from, so it’s important to do your research and choose a company that offers everything you’re looking for in terms of location and price.
Helpful Tips: for an unforgettable jet ski ride, we recommend 3 must-see locations in Chicago!
Must-see spots for jet-skiing in Chicago
If you’re looking for an adrenaline-pumping activity to add to your summer bucket list, look no further than jet-skiing. And what better place to do it than in one of America’s most iconic cities, Chicago?
Here are some of the best spots to check out for jet-skiing in the Windy City:
1. Lake Michigan
Of course, you can’t come to Chicago and not check out Lake Michigan. And what better way to enjoy the views than from a jet ski? There are plenty of rental companies along the lakefront that will set you up with everything you need.
2. Evanston Harbor
If you’re looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life, head over to Evanston Harbor for some peace and quiet on a jet ski. The harbor is surrounded by parks, nature paths, and plenty of places to grab a bite or go shopping after your trip out into the water.
3. Monroe Harbor
Located in downtown Chicago just off Navy Pier, Monroe Harbor offers unbeatable views of Lake Michigan – especially at sunset. And because it’s so close to everything else, there are plenty of other activities nearby that you can enjoy before or after your jet ski excursion.
Best times to visit Chicago
The weather is finally starting to warm up and the flowers are in bloom, making springtime one of the best times to visit Chicago. From April through June, you can enjoy plenty of outdoor activities like exploring the city’s many parks or taking a stroll down the Magnificent Mile. If you’re a fan of baseball, spring is also a great time to catch a game at Wrigley Field. Just be sure to pack your sweaters as evenings can still be chilly.
Summer is peak tourist season in Chicago, so expect large crowds if you’re visiting during this time of year. However, there’s also no shortage of things to do, from attending festivals to enjoying a picnic in the park. If you’re looking for an extra special holiday, Independence Day is one of the best times to visit Chicago. The city’s annual Fourth of July fireworks display over Lake Michigan is a must-see event!
Fall is another popular time to visit Chicago as the comfortably warm weather continues until October and most of the summer crowds have dissipated by September. You’ll also be able to enjoy some beautiful fall colors while strolling along Navy Pier or taking scenic drives through the many forest preserves just outside of the city.
Of course, if you’re able to brave cold temperatures, wintertime can also be a great time to visit Chicago. The city is full of festive holiday events, like Chicago Christmas celebrations or the Polar Adventure Days at the Lincoln Park Zoo. You can also enjoy winter sports, including ice skating or attending an NHL hockey game at United Center. Just be sure to pack your heaviest coat and layer up as much as possible to keep warm!
10 Facts about Chicago and life there
- Chicago is the 3rd most populous city in the US with a population of almost 3 million people.
- The climate in Chicago can be quite harsh, as it experiences all four seasons with hot summers and cold winters.
- It is home to many Fortune 500 companies, including Boeing, Kraft Foods and McDonald’s Corporation.
- The retail industry is also very prominent in Chicago, with many large shopping districts such as the Magnificent Mile and State Street offering goods for sale from big brands like Nike, Louis Vuitton and Coach.
- If you are interested in sports or music, then you will love living in Chicago – it has world-famous teams such as the Cubs (baseball) and the Blackhawks (ice hockey), as well as being a mecca for live music with Jazz, Blues and Hip-Hop all having strong roots in the city.
- The architecture in Chicago is also very distinctive, with skyscrapers such as the Sears Tower (now Willis Tower) and John Hancock Center dotting the skyline.
- Chicago is also known for its museums and art galleries, including the Art Institute of Chicago which houses works by world-famous artists such as Pablo Picasso and Vincent van Gogh.
- If you are a foodie, then you will be in heaven in Chicago – it has some of the best restaurants in America, serving everything from deep dish pizza to hot dogs.
- The city is also home to many different cultures and ethnicities, meaning that there is a rich diversity of traditions and customs to be enjoyed.
- Chicago is a truly unique city which has something to offer everyone – whether you’re interested in its history, culture, food or architecture, there is always something new to discover.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How old do you have to be to rent a jet ski in Chicago?
A: You must be 18 years old to rent a jet ski in Chicago. You will also need to present a valid driver's license and credit card.
Q: How fast can a jet ski go?
A: The maximum speed for a jet ski is generally around 60 miles per hour. However, this can vary depending on the model and make of the jet ski.
Q: Can you jet ski Chicago River?
A: No, you cannot jet ski on the Chicago River. The river is not deep enough and there are too many obstacles for jet skis.